Eighteen years ago, I married my Prince Charming. Not every day has been fairytale-ish and sometimes Mr. Charming annoys, irritates and downright infuriates me. We began dating when we were 19 years old. I've known him for a long time.
A very long time.
But, there are at least 18 reasons why I'm glad that I married him.
1. He's my best friend
2. He's one of the hardest working people I know
3. He'd do anything for me or our son (and when there is resistance I need only pout)
4. I love to laugh with and AT him. He can be such a spaz.
5. He knows how to entertain my inner princess
6. He has never forgotten a birthday or anniversary
7. He provides companionship and also gives me my own space
8. He shares my travel bug
9. He knows that my roles as wife and mother are very important to me
10. He encourages me to dream my own dreams
11. He cooks and cleans
12. He has turned off football games to take me shopping
13. He has (almost) given as much care to our son as I have
14. He knows all my fears and will carry me if needed (even on a path where I spotted a snake)
15. He will watch General Hospital with me and with only minor grumbling chick flicks too
16. He is overprotective which I find kind of cute even at our old(er) age
17. He respects our vows
18. He helped me create our son
I can't imagine my life without either of them.
On our first family WDW trip: